Tuesday, March 25, 2008

James Bond Film Festival at NoMa Coming this Summer

frozen tropics and bloomingdale has the press release regarding this summer festival.

Organized by the Georgetown Film Festival, the summer-long festival will run from May 8 through August 28, 2008, is free to the public, and will feature 15 of the best Bond flicks from 1962 through 2006. The films will be shown each Thursday night, rain or shine, on the site of the future Washington Gateway at the intersection of Florida and New York Avenues.

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this festival. Not only do I love James Bond, it will be very interesting to see what that intersection will look like teeming with people.

I don't know if Heidi's Brooklyn Deli and Sister's Pizza & Mussels will be open by then. I don't see much activity at their spaces but it definitely would be a prudent idea if they sped up their construction and take advantage of this (as well as Artomatic). I also noticed Pound Coffee is initially going to be open only until 5. I would assume that those hours will be adjusted if there is a certainty that there will be a lot more foot traffic.

No comments: